Thursday, June 08, 2006

Proposing a FREE private clinic for Thalassaemia

Reader Question

Your Question:
Hey Niyaf, why are you not involved in the care of Maldivian kids with Thalassaemia??? Your training in the management of Thalassaemia in Australia is being wasted……I propose that you set up a FREE private clinic for Kids with Thalassaemia! I am sure there would be financially well-off individuals, companies or organizations that would be willing to fund the set-up of such a clinic.

My Answer:
I am very willing to take up on that offer. I will be most grateful if such a clinic could be set-up as soon as possible. It is something that I would like to do, but I do need support for it.
I have made it very clear to concerned authorities that I would like to play a role in the management of Thalassaemia in the Maldives. I am told that before long I will be joining the current team of medical and paramedical personnel working in this field.
Regardless of what happens in the official setup, I think the concept of a FREE private clinic for kids with Thalassaemia is a grand idea and I am ALL for it!
Spread the word and someone with enough resources may lend us a hand and a few bucks!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

it seems no one has money to set that clinic up!!!

I have 5 rufiya to give!!! seriously.

Dr Abdulla Niyaf said...

Hold on to that 5 Rufiya! That could a beginning.

Tsk! Tsk! Shame on the BIG BOYS! One Thal boy is holding onto a 5 to see if the big bucks would come in.

Mustho said...

Hi Niyaf, why do you want another free clinic, I guess NTC is a free Clinic own by Maldivian thalassemics only with generosity of people of Maldives. Why cant you work there

Anonymous said...

mustho, get your th**b out of your a** and think. That place has too many strings attached.

NTC is a huge failure! I am evidence of that. No support what so ever. It is a place where a few SHE owners play god.

I support setting up an alternative FREE clinic.

Thal boy

Dr Abdulla Niyaf said...

Now that was inappropriate...... That could have been said in a different way..

Mustho, I am currently not working at NTC for several reasons. Reasons currently beyond my cotrol. I can assure you that it is not from not wanting to work there. I am interested in working at NTC.

However, I can assure you that I am involved in the management of a few Thalassaemia patients on an OPD basis. I hope to be able to do better in the future.

SHE has done a better job than anyoneelse in the country in bringing Thalassaemia to the fore-front and I appreciate what they have achieved. NTC getting assistance from SHE is not a problem, in fact I believe it is a very welcome assistance.

That FREE clinic was a proposal from a reader. I still believe it is a good idea and I will support such work by setting aside time for the clinic if the idea takes off.

Anonymous said...

I hope the people of Maldives understand what a great asset they have in Dr Niyaf. Whether it be in NTC or in a free clinic, it will be a great day for the thals of Maldives when Niyaf is working full time for thals. His training in Australia can be put to tremendous use in Maldives bringing a more comprehensive care approach, which would be of great benefit to thals. I hope he gets all the support he needs.